The Credit Union operates a Junior Savers account for Under 16s.
This account is free to open and run and is designed for young people to steadily build savings whilst allowing deposits to be withdrawn with the account remaining open. At 16 the account will be automatically transferred to the Adult membership.
- I am under 16
- I either reside in or am employed in the locality of Ayrshire, or am a member of the same household as a member
How The Account Works
- The account is free to open and run.
- Identification required – Parent or Guardian – as per Adult membership / Young person – Birth certificate or Passport.
- Withdrawals can be made at any access point up to £50. For withdrawals over this the Parent of guardian should contact the Kilwinning Office.
- Up to the age of 7 withdrawals only require the parents/guardian are required to sign.
- Unless otherwise instructed by parent/guardian, from the age of 12 the young person has control of their account.
- At 16 the account is transferred to the Adult membership.
Note: To open your account bring application and identification to your nearest collection point.
Application Form – Available in Downloads Section